At Road Hero, we recognize that privacy is important. The Road Hero service, which may be provided to you through our mobile applications, website or other products or services, is designed to lift the veil of anonymity on aggressive and dangerous driving behavior by associating user reported behavior with vehicle license plates to create a publicly-available, online database. This information may be used by law enforcement agencies, insurance companies or other entities for whom this data is valuable as part of their business. We wish to emphasize, however, that the service is designed to allow the person reporting the bad driving behavior to remain anonymous, and you are not required to register or submit any personally identifiable information in order to report bad driving behavior through the service.
Road Hero, Inc.
PO Box 1535
Mountain View, CA 94042
In order to register with Road Hero, you must register the license plate of a vehicle that you own or operate, and therefore you should be of legal age to own or operate a vehicle. Road Hero is not directed at or intended for use by anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, please do not attempt to register with Road Hero or submit any personally identifiable information about yourself to Road Hero.
What Information Do We Collect?
Information Users Provide to Us
- To utilize certain aspects of Road Hero or products or services offered through Road Hero, you are required to register with Road Hero. When you register, we ask or permit you to provide certain information, including personally identifiable information such as your name, email address and a profile picture. The amount and type of information we collect in this registration process will vary from time to time based on our business needs, but it is our goal to collect only the information that we need. We may use that information for a variety of reasons, including to inform you of changes to the service and news about the service. Unless a user instructs us to do so, we will not publicly associate the registration information of that registered user with the flags they perform on the service or otherwise publish your registration information on Road Hero.
- We may also sell products or services through Road Hero, and accordingly ask you to provide information, including information that may personally identify you, such as your credit card and shipping and/or billing information, in connection with your purchases of such products or services. We may use this information for billing purposes and to fill orders for products and services.
- In addition to the ability to flag license plates and provide associated information, we may provide other community activities, such as user forums, chat rooms, message boards or blogs, to Road Hero users. Any information that is disclosed in these types of activities becomes public information and may be further published by Road Hero or shared with third parties. Accordingly, you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
- Road Hero may elect to implement a referral service to allow you to tell a friend about Road Hero. In such event, we will ask you to provide certain information about your friend (such as name and email address) and send your friend a one-time communication inviting him or her to use Road Hero. Road Hero will store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time communication and may use this information to track the success of the referral program. Your friend may, at any time, contact Road Hero at privacy@RoadHero.org and request that his or her information is deleted from our database.
Information About Your Interaction with Road Hero
- We may keep track of actions you take on Road Hero. For example, if you submit User Generated Information when flagging a license plate, we might log the fact that you submitted such information in addition to storing the content of the User Generated Information. When you access Road Hero through a mobile phone, computer or other device, we may also collect information from that device, such as your location and IP address. This information may be used to evaluate and improve Road Hero and to diagnose problems. Information regarding your interaction with Road Hero may also be used to create a profile that we keep on users that details their preferences and behavior and may be tied to your personal information provided in registration for our internal use in tailoring your interaction with Road Hero as well as targeting marketing and sales activities to you.
Information From Third Parties
Road Hero may also collect information from other sources and add it to our database. For example, we may use third party marketing and sales services or manual updates by our employees to supplement existing databases of user information.
How Do We Use Personal Information For Internal Purposes?
- Providing Road Hero to you;
- Auditing, research and analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve Road Hero;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of Road Hero;
- Protecting our rights or property and those of our users; and
- Developing new products and services.
Road Hero may further use your personally identifiable information to contact you. If we use your personally identifiable information to contact you, we will do so in accordance with applicable laws, including the United States CAN-SPAM Act of 2003.
When Do We Share Personal Information With Others?
- We have your consent.
- We use other third party vendors, service providers and suppliers to perform various functions on our behalf. For example we may use third parties for network, security, email and hosting services, to process credit cards and bill you for goods and services, and to facilitate email broadcasts. Road Hero may disclose personally identifiable information to these third parties as is reasonably necessary for the third party to perform the services they are performing on our behalf. We will not authorize these third parties to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of performing those services.
- We determine that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Road Hero, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
How Do We Protect the Integrity and Security of Personal Information?
We take reasonable measures to protect the integrity and security of personally identifiable information that we collect. The security measures we take include physical, technological and organization procedures designed to protect the integrity and security of your personally identifiable information. We also take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
Please be aware that no protection measures are perfect or impenetrable. Although we believe the measures we take are reasonable measures to protect the integrity and security of your personally identifiable information, we cannot guarantee its absolute integrity and security. If you have any questions about security on Road Hero, you can email us at info@RoadHero.org.
What Choices Do I Have?
When you sign up for a particular product or service that requires registration, we ask you to provide personal information.
You can refuse to accept cookies or delete them from your device using any of the widely available methods, but if you do so you may be unable to access or use some of the features of Road Hero.
We do not require that you provide Road Hero with personally identifiable information. The decision to provide personally identifiable information is voluntary. If you do not wish to provide the personally identifiable information requested, however, you may not be able to proceed with the activity or receive the benefit for which the personally identifiable information is being requested.
How Can You Update, Correct or Delete Your Personal Information?
Road Hero will provide you with a means to update or correct your registration information or to delete/deactive your registered user account. If a means is not provided or available to update, correct or delete your information through your registered user account, you may send requested updates, corrections or deletions about your registration information to info@RoadHero.org and we will make reasonable efforts to incorporate the updates, corrections or deletions promptly. When information is corrected, updated or deleted, we may keep a copy of the prior version for our records. You may not be able to change or remove information you submit when flagging a license plate or post while participating in Road Hero community activities once such information has been submitted or posted.